Health & Safety
Fabtech is committed to providing and maintaining a healthy and safe work environment for employees, subcontractors, visitors and the community.
Fabtech believes that the effective management of health and safety is a shared responsibility between all personnel at all organisational levels and takes priority over other operational considerations.
Managers and supervisors will provide leadership and support, be accountable for implementation of healthy and safe work practices, and recognise good safety performance.
Fabtech is committed to compliance with the relevant legislative requirements applicable to each area of our operations and has adopted AS/NZS 4801 as our minimum standard to ensure a planned and systematic approach to health and safety management.
- provide and maintain, so far as is reasonably practicable, a safe working environment, safe systems of work, plant and substances in a safe condition, and adequate facilities for the welfare of employees at each workplace under the control and management of FABTECH;
- ensure hazards and risks to health and safety are identified, assessed and effectively controlled;
- provide appropriate information, instruction, training and supervision as are reasonably necessary to ensure that personnel are safe from injury and risks to health while at work;
- provide mechanisms to enable personnel and their representatives to be consulted on matters that may affect health and safety;
- ensure incidents and accidents are reported, investigated and followed up to prevent recurrence.
Continuous improvement will be achieved by the ongoing development, implementation, maintenance and monitoring of appropriate policies and systems of work that provide guidance and instruction to all company personnel and subcontractors in accordance with legislative requirements and industry, customer and community standards and expectations.
This policy statement shall be prominently displayed at all company worksites and is endorsed by myself as the authorised representative of Fabtech.